TMDHosting has announced that they are now an official partner of PrestaShop. This comes hot on the heels of their partnership with SocialEngine in November last year, extending their collaboration with Open Source platforms.
The announcement comes with the launch of specially configured hosting plans, designed to improve the performance of PrestaShop in a shared hosting environment significantly. The new plans come with a host of performance and security related features, as well as a 60-day money back guarantee. Brandon Fiery at TMDHosting commented:
Today we are extremely pleased to announce the next key partnership we have established in the world of open source! We are partnering up with PrestaShop in order to provide blazing fast, fully managed and secure e-commerce environment. We have developed three different PrestaShop hosting plans, all equipped with the latest and greatest in terms of hardware and speed.
If you would like to know more about PrestaShop more generally, you can find our detailed comparison between PrestaShop, Magento and OpenCart here.
Highlighted Features of the TMDHosting PrestaShop Plans:
- Free PrestaShop, Theme and Module Installation — If you are new to PrestaShop, TMDHosting will get you up and running quickly.
- SSD storage on all plans — SSD Storage is much faster both in throughput and response times.
- SpamExperts Unlimited — With the amount of Spam in circulation, an effective Spam filter is essential.
- Optimum cache — see below for more about this.
- APCu Cache, Memcache, and APC Cache — Caching PHP and the results of Database queries into RAM significantly speeds up the response times of your webpage. This is especially effective with websites that have a large number of queries such as Online Stores. TMDHosting provides a healthy 256MB Memcache Instances, which should be more than enough for small to medium size stores.
- Free one-click CloudFlare CDN — CloudFlare is great for both security and performance. You can read more about it here.
- 99.999 percent Uptime Guarantee — TMDHosting claims that they have "proven uptime of 99.999 percent for the past calendar year."
- Web-based Firewall — Whenever customer data is being taken (even if just names \ addresses) security is critical.
- 15 Minute Response time to support tickets — This is one of the main reasons TMDHosting is one of our recommended providers. Read our expert opinion and User Reviews here.
- Free domain registration
CloudLinux + Optimum Cache
One of the major selling points TMDHosting is promoting relates to their use of CloudLinux, and Optimum cache. CloudLinux increases performance in a number of ways:
- Increased stability — Each user is isolated in their own Lightweight Virtualized Environment (LVE) and given a predetermined amount of resource. What this means is that one user can't cause other users to slow down due to resource hogging, or a badly designed script. We have split opinion about CloudLinux limits. Having set limits on CPU usage can cause your website to be a little sluggish during any odd spike in traffic if the limits are set too low, but equally, it can make the server more stable from being affected by other people having a spike in traffic. On balance, we believe it is a very good feature.
- Increased security — Cloud Linux comes with CageFS, which is a virtualized per-user file system that uniquely encapsulates each account, preventing users from seeing each other and viewing sensitive information. Also, CageFS adds another layer of security to the server by preventing most of the privilege escalation and information disclosure attacks.
- Optimum Cache — TMDHosting have adopted a CloudLinux Technology named Optimum Cache. This is a component which handles duplicate files in the way that they are loaded just once from filesystem cache. By doing that, the system bypasses disk IO, significantly improving the speed of reading that file, while lowering load on the hard disk. The easiest way to visualize this, is via the image below:
TMDHosting PrestaShop Hosting Plans
Three different plans are offered for PrestaShop. The first two are comparable to the cost of their regular shared hosting plans. The third plan contains a Wildcard SSL.
The plans are shown below:
We recommend checking out our TMDHosting Coupons, which currently provide 50 percent off their hosting.