1&1, one of the leading web hosting providers in Europe has refreshed its VPS server offerings with its new Virtual Server Cloud. Essentially, 1&1 now offers Cloud Hosting that utilizes VMware, PLesk ONYX, SSD Storage with Enterprise Xeon E5 Servers.
The new "Virtual Server Cloud" is available with a number of different pre-configured packages, starting at just £4.99 per month for 1 CPU core, 512 MB RAM and 30 GB SSD Storage. Their largest plan is just £19.99 per month for 4 CPU cores, 8 GB RAM and 160 GB SSD storage.
It should be noted that Plesk Control panel is only provided with their Cloud M plan and above (currently £4.99 per month for the first twelve months).
Each plan comes with the following features:
- Full Root Access
- Dedicated Resources
- Unlimited Traffic (Although be sure to read their Terms and conditions about this)
- SSD Storage
- VMware Virtualisation
- 24/7 Support
- Plesk ONYX
- Choice of Linux or Windows
- Security features (SSL, DDoS protection, Firewalls, Secure data centers)
- No product limitations regarding a maximum amount of files or simultaneously running processes
You can see full details of all their plans below:
As you can see, they are currently offering between 25 percent and 50% off their plans for the first year. You can find details of more 1&1 deals here.
From first glance, the Cloud Hosting Plans look extremely good value, although, as always in the web hosting industry you do tend to get what you pay for. This pricing appears to be on par with what you would find with an unmanaged Cloud Service such as Linode or Digital Ocean. If 1&1 can match their price, plus offer some level of support, without overloading their servers, then this must be worth considering.
Speaking about the new cloud platform, 1&1 CEO said:
The success of our cloud platform and the feedback we have received have been great. This is why we wanted to give even more customers access to this powerful infrastructure”, explains Robert Hoffmann, CEO 1&1 Internet SE. “The new virtual server offering provides beginners in this area with the best possible performance in combination with the easiest handling at a very attractive price.
According to the company, there are many advantages of their 1&1 Virtual Cloud Server:
- Data center of choice - Customers can choose the location of their virtual machine’s (VM) data center. 1&1 Data Centers are certified according to international standard ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Processing of data according to US data protection regulations - Customer data is processed in accordance to US data protection law, in line with US data protection regulations. This doesn’t change when customers choose to store and process their data in Europe
- Easy and intuitive handling - The 1&1 Cloud Server’s ease-of-use has been transferred to the 1&1 Virtual Server Cloud by running its administration via the well-structured Cloud Panel
- Individual configuration of the firewall - To protect their infrastructure, customers can define individual firewall rules to grant dedicated access to their server