The user ratings to the right reflect the total rating score of all 24 Free Hosting Reviews left by our readers.
ordered a free account - ALIAS DID NOT WORK installed Wordpress - ALSO DID NOT WORK nginx error ordered a .com domain - VERIFICATION BY EMAIL DID NT WORK connected the domain - DID NT WORK deleted WP page and uploaded individual website to - LOADING TIME + 45 SEC!!!!!
Tried contacting support - THERE IS NO SUPPORT
It is not user friendly, lots of bugs and you can’t even delete your account once it is created.
000webhost is TERRIBLE
Unless you have lots of visitors your website will be deleted and removed for inactivity. Before that though you get a warning message appear constantly on your site saying “This website was set to be removed for inactivity by If you own this website, click here to protect it.” so all visitors will see that too!
Only up to 20 reviews are displayed in each category.
Expert 000Webhost Review
Jonathan Griffin. Hosting Expert & Editor @ The Webmaster:
“000Webhost have partnered with Zyro to offer a website builder. Zyro has both free and premium plans.
The free version allows you to build a basic business website. You can add text, images, galleries, YouTube embeds and more.
The Premium plan costs $9.95 per month. You can add e-commerce, banners, AdSense integration and social sharing.”
- Free Hosting with a free subdomain.
- Over 100 Responsive Mobile Ready Templates. These adapt seamlessly to any device.
- Easy to use Drag and Drop interface. Place text, tables, galleries, and forms easily.
- Inbuilt SEO features help boost Google rankings. Easily add friendly URLs, page titles, descriptions, and keywords.
- Create a multi-language website, with over 31 languages available.
- Integrate with social media with the Premium plan.
Zyro is very easy to use. After signing up, you are taken directly to where you can choose a template. Within minutes you will see a working version of your new site.
Diverging from the original design of the template is difficult. All the features are tightly integrated, so you should choose a template wisely.
You can choose over 100 templates to choose from (30 on the free plan). You should find something suitable for your needs.
The templates look smart but are relatively simple. You can see a preview below:
Jonathan Griffin. Hosting Expert & Editor @ The Webmaster:
Negative reviews of free hosting are bound to be frequent. After all, users are getting the hosting for free. However, perhaps they feel they are entitled to more.
000Webhost has one hour of forced downtime per day. Their support is limited to a community forum. They delete inactive accounts. They limit each account to two websites with restrictive resource allocations. They will even show adverts on your site unless you opt out.
It is not all bad, though; the hosting is, after all, free. 000Webhost also include a custom control panel and a free website builder. You can turn off the adverts easily. The community support is surprisingly good.
We recommend that you do not re-use any passwords when creating your account. They previously stored passwords in plain text. A hacker then stole 13.5 million account names and passwords! While we suspect they have fixed this, it is best to be careful.
000Webhost have a robust set of standard features. A few of the most important are as follows:
Custom Control Panel. Manage your web hosting account via a simple graphic interface.
Zyro Site Builder. Create a new site easily with a drag and drop website builder. Their free plan offers 30 stunning templates to get you started. Premium features include 100+ templates, e-commerce, and social media integration.
One-click WordPress Installer. Install a WordPress site in minutes. Over 300 scripts available with their premium hosting.
Great Uptime. 000Webhost’s status page provides proof of their 99% uptime guarantee. It doesn’t, however, take into account their one hour of forced sleep time (downtime).
It is free. There are no hidden fees. The only downside is the repeated adverts for their premium hosting.
As with any free hosting, there are some restrictions. A few of the most important are as follows:
Website Sleeps one hour per day. Your site will not be accessible for one hour each day. You can, however, choose the time it sleeps.
Banner Ads. Your site will show adverts from time to time. Reports say these primarily promote their paid hosting, Hostinger. Fortunately, you can disable these via your control panel.
Inactive Account Deletion. You must log in regularly for your account to stay active. Equally, if you have too little traffic, your account will be deleted. You should ensure you take regular backups and store them locally.
Slower Speeds \ Performance. You should expect slower website speeds with 000Webhost. They use CloudLinux to restrict the resources available. The CPU may be throttled to prevent overuse.
Only forum-based community support. 000Webhost stopped offering ticket support in August 2016. Support is now only available via a community forum.
000Webhost is an excellent web hosting company if you have no money. If you have a choice, though, paying a few dollars for hosting is worth it. You can upgrade to a premium hosting plan, should you wish to try them out.
New web developers or hobbyists may find this free hosting useful. We wouldn’t recommend it for business or e-commerce sites.
- NGINX is used as a reverse proxy to speed up the service of website files.
- They include CloudFlare for fast speed and performance. A Content Delivery Network serves files closer to your visitors. CloudFlare can also optimize your code and images. SSL is only available via their free subdomain. SSL for top-level domains is available via CloudFlare.
- They support PHP 7 and MySQL databases. Curl, Zend, XML, Ioncube Loader, and .htaccess is also available.
Software & E-commerce
- A Custom Control Panel makes management easy. Manage files, databases, and auto installs WordPress. It also includes Email management.
- Auto installer for WordPress. Install 300+ scripts with their Premium Hosting.
- It includes the easy website builder, Zyro. Create mobile-friendly sites with a drag and drop interface.
Backups & Security
- The free plan includes monthly backups. The custom control panel offers instant backups.
- CloudLinux isolates each account for security. It also prevents one account utilizing too many resources. This overuse would slow down the server for everyone.
- 000Webhost may delete inactive accounts. We recommend you download regular backups from the server.
Support & Uptime
- Only community-based forum support is available. Response times are just a few hours and appear helpful. Live chat technical support is available with a paid plan.
- Your website will have one hour of forced downtime per day. You can choose when this occurs.
- They offer a 99% uptime guarantee. The calculation excludes the one hour of forced downtime.
A data center near your users you can decrease server response times. 000Webhost has data centers in the following locations:
- US - Unknown location.
- The forum-based support is surprisingly good. Live chat is available with a paid account.
- The support forum is searchable. There is a great chance someone has already asked your question.
- The quality of the support on the forum may vary. Earlier discussions may not always be up to date, or useful.
- Most forum questions have a response within a couple of hours. This is impressive for a free hosting solution.
- The quality of support on the forum is excellent. Moderators “ping” staff into the post for technical help.
- Most support questions are resolved on the forum reasonably quickly.
No one wants to wait 30 seconds for a webpage to load. Even with free hosting. Fortunately, 000webhost include PHP 7, CloudFlare and NGINX:
PHP 7. Version 7.1 is now the industry standard. The latest version is almost twice as fast as PHP 5.
CloudFlare. Use the CloudFlare CDN to speed up the delivery of files around the world. CloudFlare also optimizes images and more.
NGINX. It is a high-performance web server. As a reverse proxy to Apache, it speeds up service of static content.
- 99% uptime guarantee allows 14 minutes 24 seconds downtime per day.
- Your website has forced downtime of one hour per day. This is of a time of your choosing.
- 000Webhost’s status page indicates uptime above 99.9%. This is very good for free hosting.
000Webhost Hosting Plans
Free Hosting Plans
|Plan Name||Space||Bandwidth||Panel||No. of Sites||Price|
|Free Hosting ||1 GB GB||10 GB||cPanel||2||$0||More Details|
-  The website will sleep (be offline) for one hour each day (exact time of your choosing).
Frequently asked questions
Do they take backups?
They take monthly backups. You can find these under the backups section of the control panel. To obtain a copy of your backup, click “Make backups available for download.” You can then download them to your computer.
To restore a backup click “1-Click website restore.” You can then upload the archive you wish to restore.
What is sleep time?
How many free hosting accounts can you have?
Where is the 000Webhost company located?
Is the hosting really free?
How does 000Webhost make their money?
Does 000Webhost offer a free domain name?
They offer a free subdomain (i.e., example.000webhostapp.com). You can also use your own top-level domain name.
Their cheap web hosting brand, Hostinger, offers domains and SSL certificates. We recommend registering domains with a third party. This in-depth guide shows you how. We recommend Namecheap, who provide cheap domain hosting.
Do they offer a one-click installer?
Do they offer Support?
000Webhost used to provide ticket support, which was rare for free hosting. They stopped ticket support in August 2016.
They now only offer forum-based community support.
Do they offer Windows Hosting?
What control panel do they use?
Do they offer PHP Hosting, and if so what version of PHP do they support?
Do they offer ruby on rails?
Do they offer a website builder?
Does 000Webhost support ASP.net
Does 000Webhost offer Dedicated Servers or VPS hosting?
About the author
Jonathan Griffin. Editor at The Webmaster.
Jonathan Griffin has been the Lead writer at The Webmaster for the last 5 years. Having provided technical SEO, WordPresss development, and hosting services for clients, his passion remains to help small businesses and bloggers develop their online presence.
In his spare time, he loves to push his technical knowledge further, and regularly undertakes professional courses on subjects ranging from python development, digital marketing, and Google Analytics.