By Jonathan Griffin. Editor, SEO Consultant, & Developer.
<!-- … --> Tag, otherwise known as the comment tag, is used to insert comments in your code. Comments inserted this way are hidden, and do not show to your users.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML Title Element</title> </head> <body> <h1>Displayed Page Title</h1> <p>The main content of your page goes here.</p> <!-- This is a comment that is only visible in the source code. --> </body> </html>
- The comment tag is used to add comments to your code, such as explanations or adding TODO items. This helps you understand your code at a later date.
- Comments do not nest, so you cannot put a comment inside another comment.
The Anchor tag does not support any attributes, including the Global Attributes and Event Attributes.
- Single-line Comments should be on one line with the text inside surrounded by spaces.
<!-- This is a single line comment -->
- Multi-line Comments should start and end on their own line. The comment text should not be indented..
<!-- This is a multi-line comment. -->
- Closing Tag Comments are used to mark the closing of a tag. They should include the class or ID name.
<div id="section-wrapper"> ... </div><!-- #section-wrapper -->
- Sensitive Information should not be inserted into comments as it is visible to anyone who inspects the source code.
<!-- Authenticate with password="1234" -->
|Android Webview||Chrome Android||Firefox Android||Opera Android||iOS Safari||Samsung Internet|