We take a look at Nextscript's Social Networks Auto-Poster WordPress plugin, and how it can help distribute your blog posts and articles to all your social media channels. Not only that, its Auto-Repost functionality can be set to repost automatically to your social media channels on set random intervals.
Nextscript's Social Networks Auto Poster (SNAP) plugin automates the posting of links to your WordPress blog posts to around 15 different social networks. There is a free version, but for $49 (about £35) the premium version provides the ability to post to multiple accounts of the same type as well as post to social networks such as Pinterest, and Google+.
The current version is currently 3.5, but for the last year they have been developing an entirely new version 4 that contains significant improvements to their Auto-Reposting functionality. With the new features you will be able to configure each social network individually and state what posts should be reposted, when and to where.
The announcement of version 4 was first made in December 2014, so we are surprised that it still has not been released. That being said, some of the functionality designed to version 4 was recently rolled out in version 3.5. Nextscripts said:
We realized that while we are sitting on some cool features that were made for upcoming V4, version 3.4 already got 32 almost featureless releases. We are sitting on them for too long. Some of those features require brand-new V4 platform and engine, but some of them can be easily ported to V3 and work along with the old code.It is likely to be some time before version 4 is released, but in the meantime, version 3.5 works well.
Why the Social Networks Auto Poster is great
We have tried many WordPress Plugins, and SNAP is by far the best and most powerful for its automated features. Besides its ease of use and the vast number of social networks it can post to, it costs nothing (or at least is a one-off payment for the Pro version). It relies on your server resources to handle all the posting, so as long as you have a decent host (we recommend SiteGround), there are no ongoing costs.
Here is a summary of why we think SNAP is the best Social Sharing Plugin:
- Each post is highly customized for the specific social network, allowing your posts to look great.
- Each post can use a variety of fields, such as the post title, URL, excerpt, full post, images, videos, tags, author name, and even hashtags. The possibilities are endless.
- Fully automated. Once configured, you can forget it and let the plugin do all the work.
- Around 25 Social Networks are available (we cover these in more detail below).
- You can auto post to an unlimited number of accounts on the same social network with the Pro version.
- You can set your posts to be published at a future date \ time, and configure different social networks to be published at different times.
- Supports custom post types
- All posts are white-labeled, meaning you won't get "Posted by Nextscripts" or something similar that you quite often see with other services.
Available Social Networks
The social networks available depends on whether you have the free, or paid plugin. A list of all the social networks available can be found below: